Fall is right around the corner and I think everybody around me is ready for it. I personally am ready to break out my boots again. I am a boot fiend. I love my boots. I wear dresses just about everyday to work and I love pairing a polka dot dress with a pair of boots.
So when I looked at the list for this week’s 5 Fandom Friday and realized that I received a pumpkin tea in the mail yesterday. . It was like it was meant to be. I’ve missed participating in these posts and was glad I was able to incorporate my geeky fun with a tea I’m excited to try. Here are my 5 Favorite Things About Autumn for this week’s 5 Fandom Friday. . .
1) Going to a local apple orchard. . .Locally we have an apple orchard that is amazing. Their apple cider is pretty well known along with their baked goods. Besides that, they have an amazing apple orchard, pumpkin patch, and playground area that the kids adore. I love going there. . getting a pumpkin chai tea and enjoying the sights and sounds of the season while sharing moments with my family. The kids love apple picking and have a blast in the play area.
2) Big surprise here. . .Halloween. .I have loved Halloween ever since I was a little kid. I love dressing up, watching scary movies, dressing the kids up, just the whole kit-n-caboodle. I do treat everyday like Halloween with my love of horror movies, but Halloween is the one day where I am not looked at like I am a crazy girl watching nothing but horror movies and completely being a horror geek.
3) PUMPKIN!!!! I love all things Pumpkin. Give me pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin tea, pumpkin candles. . .I just adore it. I do love the caramel apples my mom makes during the fall as well. Pumpkin is just my favorite.
4) This year. . . .I’m looking forward to getting married. On November 7th I will be saying I do and marrying my best friend. A few years ago after my divorce, I really didn’t think I would marry again. I couldn’t imagine a better match for me.
5) The fall teas!!! You haven your apple flavored, your chais, and your pumpkin teas. Yesterday, I received this month’s Plum Deluxe package. I torn into that baby because I knew what was inside.
I review a lot of Plum Deluxe teas but that is because I enjoy them that much. I recommend them to anybody who enjoys flavored teas. Their customer service is hard to beat and the love and care they have for their customers is phenomenal. So what are you waiting for?? Sign up or check out their line up in their store. . .
This month they have two fall like teas. . .Deluxe Pumpkin Spice and Vanilla Latte. . I was sent Deluxe Pumpkin Spice. . I think I need to email Andy @ Plum Deluxe to get some of the Vanilla Latte too. .
The Deluxe Pumpkin Spice is a mix of Honeybush Tea, Black Tea, Cinnamon Bark, Cardamom, Ginger Root, Cloves, Calendula, Safflower, Natural Pumpkin Essence Low Caffeine (from the website). The tea has a fall scent to it. There are definite notes of ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. There are soft subtle hints of pumpkin but the others are more prominent.
Not only does this tea smell like fall, it looks like fall! The colors remind me of autumn with the lovely reds, blacks, and browns all mingled together. I wanted to try something different with this tea. I honestly wasn’t in the mood for hot tea. I was craving some iced tea. So I tried this as a cold brew in my Sei Sei Tumbler that I have swooned about all week. Seriously. . this tumbler is my new best friend!
(Sorry all! I know the second pic isn’t that clear. I was helping the kiddo with his math homework at that point and just took a quick pic)
Poured some cold water and ice in the tumbler, added in about 3 scoops of the loose leaf and let the tumbler sit for about 20 mintues or so. My verdict? As a cold brew, this tea was amazing! Rich Creamy Pumpkin Pie in a cup!
The pumpkin flavor was amazingly on point. The honeybush gave the tea a nice creamy background for the other spices to play off of. The cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger provide this tea with an almost chai like feeling without actually being a chai. Which I am grateful for. During the fall time, you can find pumpkin chai teas everywhere. What you can’t find are pumpkin teas that are not chais. If anybody knows any, holler them out because I am on the hunt!
As good as this tea is iced, I’m sure it will be even better as a pumpkin latte. That will be this weekend’s treat after I clean up around the house. I may even pick up a can of whip cream to top it off if I finish all my chores in a timely manner instead of getting distracted by tea to drink or blog about.
This tea screams fall in every way. It will be perfect to make a pot and share with the twins over the next few months. They are as big of pumpkin fiends as I am. Deluxe Pumpkin Spice lives up the reputation that the owner of Plum Deluxe has been talking about. This is one of the best pumpkin teas I have ever had. From what I hear, this tea sells out quick. . . I may need to holler at Andy to add an additional ounce of this in my next shipment as well. . I’m never going to drink down my tea stash.
~Yours in all things Geek-Nichole/CuppaGeek~